Policy for making reservations and cancellations
- All band members have to be members of the MusiClub to use the facilities.
- Please respect other members and give all members a chance to reserve a room to practice and play.
- Always use the booking sheet, even if you see that a locale is empty and you want to use it on the spot.
- Cancel your bookings as soon as you know that you cannot make it.
- Please clean-up after yourselves. Leave the room tidy. Put the mics back in the box. Coil all cables. Reset the mixing desk. Take all your trash with you.
- Please see the specific booking information for the large local and small local.
Policy for storage space
- No storage space is available for private use in either the large or small rooms.
Acquiring & maintenance of the equipment
Acquiring new equipment
Material wears and equipment gets old, it is a natural circle of life. It is also natural to buy some new equipment from time to time. As a club we rely on member's ideas and therefore we ask you to propose what should be replaced...
In order to acquire new equipment for the club, please first propose it to the club's mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org). It is good to get different musicians' opinion on the proposed material and usually some experience on the durability of certain parts is valuable to receive.
Once a consensus has been reached on the item to buy (and it has been approved by the board), please place an order at a shop and have it delivered to your place. Please send the order confirmation to the board, and we will reimburse you. When you receive the package, please bring it to the local and inform the club that you have done so.
Maintenance of equipment
In the unfortunate event of damage to equipment in the locals please report it immediately to the board.
Special case: drum heads & cymbals
In the case of damage to the drum heads or cymbals, you should find some spares in the unlocked cupboard beside the door in the large locale.
Please replace the damaged head with the spare and purchase a replacement spare. You can find them at many music shops in the local area. Send us the receipt and the club will reimburse you for this (see above).
The drum head sizes are:
- Large locale kit:
- 22" bass drum
- 14" snare
- 12", 13" & 16" toms
- Gigging kit:
- 22" bass drum
- 14" snare
- 10", 12" & 14" toms
In case you do not find a spare, please inform the board!
By joining the CERN MusiClub you consent that we store your first name, last name and e-mail address for administrative reasons, such as assigning you to a band or keeping track if you paid the yearly fee. After joining the club, you will obtain credentials (a username and password) to be able to book slots in our rehearsal locales. Your e-mail address is, by default, put on the club members mailing list and is visible to other club members in the booking sheet (upon login) to facilitate communication between bands in case of cancellations, etc. You can unsubscribe from the list or hide your e-mail address in the booking sheet by contacting us at email@example.com. Your data is kept for the time that you are an active (paid) member of the club, plus one year from the moment you decide to quit the club.