The large locale is located in building 566, in the clubs area near CERN entrance A. You enter through a double door at the side of the building. You will get the key and the door code once you have joined the MusiClub.
The locale is equipped with:
- A drum kit with cymbals.
- Three guitar amps with cabinets.
- A bass amp with 4x10 cabinet.
- A Keyboard, synthesiser & hammond organ.
- A PA with vocal mics and recording facilities.
New members will get a tour of the large locale, and instructions how to use the equipment.
Access to the CERN clubs area gate now requires a CERN access card to open outside of working hours (after 19h and at weekends). MusiClub members without a CERN affiliation can either call the guards on the intercom to request access or can be registered as an external user to get an access card.
NEW: The large locale is now equipped with an electronic lock which opens using your CERN access card. Access is granted automatically to all club members. You can check if you have access here and please contact us if you don't. You also need to have validated your access card in the last 30 days by badging on a validation station, please see the procedure and list of validation stations. The closest one to the large locale is located at the entrance to the MicroClub at the barrack behind ours.
- You must book the slot in the booking sheet, even if you see that a locale is empty and you want to use it on the spot.
- All band members have to be members of the MusiClub to use the facilities.
- Each band can book only one high-usage slot per week (i.e. at noon, in the evening or at weekends). However:
- It is okay to book additional slots in the morning or in the afternoon for longer practice periods.
- It is okay to book multiple slots in the morning or afternoon in one week, for example if you want to practice for a gig.
- It is okay to book additional high-usage slots that are available in the next week.
- The last three weeks before a MusiClub gig or CERN event, performers have priority.
- If you cannot make it, please cancel your booking as soon as you know. If you cancel a slot in the next week, the club members will receive an automatic e-mail notification.
A note for new or potential members: bands are allowed to make bookings for one year in advance. Most of the high-usage slots are booked throughout the year. Please see the availability of the locale in the table below:
Thanks to Andrea & Geoffray, since July 1st, 2014, the large locale is equipped with recording facilities. Before trying to record, please download and read the recording tutorial.
Maintenance, Heating and AC
- Please see the note on equipment maintenance.
- Please do not turn off the power in the locale.
- In winter, don't shut off the heating completely to prevent freezing damage. At the end of your slot, please make sure the four radiators in the room are set back to a low level.
- In summer, use the AC and shut if off after practice. Don't play with open windows, or we might get complaints from the hospital (Hopital de la Tour). As a courtesy to the next band, please use the AC even if it is not super-hot, so that the room doesn't get too smelly.
- Bands who are regular users of the large locale participate in the cleaning rota.